Cloud-Native Applications is an exciting new effort at VMware that involves everyone at VMware. Every business unit is, or will be involved in building and extending products that can support micro services and container-based applications. Cloud-Native Applications will have a large footprint at VMworld 2015. For those attending VMworld here are a few things to check out as well as a field guide that you may reference (attached).
- Kit Colbert’s Spotlight session CNA6649-S: Build and run Cloud-Native Apps in your Software-Defined Data Center
- 10 Breakout Sessions-Highlighting some popular sessions below
- Session ID: CNA5379-Panel: Enterprise architecture for Cloud-Native Applications
- Session ID: CNA5479-Running Cloud-Native Apps on your Existing Infrastructure
- Session ID: CNA5698-Building your Next Infrastructure Specifically for Cloud Native Apps CNA
- Office of the CTO Booth located in Hang Space this year.
- VMware Booth located in the Solutions Exchange
- Hands-on Labs (Moscone South) HOL-SDC-1630: Cloud-Native Apps: Bringing Microservices and Containers to the Software-Defined Data Center
- 2 opportunities to take the workshop from those experts that wrote the lab
- 08/31 @3:30
- 09/02 @10:30
- CNA DevOps Workshop on 08/31 @ 4:30-5:30 (Moscone North, near the general session area, Hangspace): CNA to host a workshop in the DevOps area discussing the use AppCatalyst, and a Photon VM running Docker.
- Customer Meetings (VBC &CNA)
- VMware Videogame Container System (Location Hangspace/Moscone W. Level 2) featuring Bonneville and Prince of Persia
With VMware’s company wide effort and large footprint at VMworld, Cloud-Native Apps is definitely something everyone needs to check out this year. We hope to see you there!